The 4th Biennial Conference European Society of International Law (ESIL) will be held in Cambridge, England on 2-4 September 2010. This year’s theme is “International Law 1989-2010: A Performance Appraisal.” The working languages of the conference are English and French. The deadline for submissions of abstracts is 22 January 2010.
Potential speakers are sought for two plenary sessions, eight panels (Fora), and twelve topic-specific interest group discussions (Agorae).
The 12 Agorae include:
- International Economic Law
- International Environmental Law
- International Criminal Law
- International Law 1989-2010: A Historic Perspective
- Investment Protection
- The Law of the Sea
- Human Rights
- International Law-making
- Development and International Law
- Regionalism and Universalism
- Armed Conflict and International Humanitarian Law
- International Law and Domestic Law
Guidelines and Deadline
Submissions are open to all, including law and Ph.D. students, worldwide. Abstracts cannot exceed 500 words. Papers must be unpublished and ready for inclusion in conference proceedings.
The deadline for submissions of abstracts is 22 January 2010.
For additional information, see the Guidance Notes and Conference Program