A special issue of Environmental Communication, the official journal of the International Environmental Communication Association, seeks articles that explore environmental justice in international context, particularly as related to climate change, technology, sustainability issues, or transboundary pollution. The journal publishes four times per year.
The deadline for submissions is September 30, 2011.
The editors suggest the following possible topics:
- Theoretical discussions related to environmental justice issues
- Analysis of specific environmental justice cases
- Representations of environmental justice issues in mediated contexts
- Global environmentalism in local contexts
- Postcolonial analyses of environmental problems or organizations
- Border issues related to environmental communication
- Intersections of race, gender, class and environmentalism
- Conceptual framing of environmental justice
Information for Authors
Articles should not exceed 8,000 words. Abstracts should not exceed 150 words. All manuscripts will be evaluated through a blind peer-review system.
For additional information, see General Guidelines for Submissions